Thursday, March 6, 2008

Working 9 to 5 - On Stage. In LA.


Okay, theoretically, I shouldn't be as excited as I am over the fac that the Ahmanson Theatre is premiering a musical version of 9 to 5 later this year. But I am. I'm over the moon.

Here's why:

  • Dolly Parton is writing the music.
  • Megan Hilty (aka. favorite.glinda.ever) is the new Doralee
  • Stephanie J. Block (killer Elphaba) is the new Judy
  • Allison Freaking Janney as the new Violet.
Better yet, something in LA that we get to see first? Before NY?

I'm so there. Just try and stop me.

In the tradition of buddy features, hilariously offensive It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia got renewed for a fourth season. Maybe they're not quite as progressive as Lily Tomlin and company were back in the day, but they're just as damned funny.

1 comment:

  1. This news actually makes me want to come to LA for a reason other than seeing everyone.

    ReplyDelete