Thursday, March 20, 2008

Look At What You've Done: South Park Does the Shame Spiral

Last night's episode of SouthPark didn't pull any punches. In fact, it was actually almost disturbing. The show, in which the media blitz surrounding the imploding Britney Spears is blasted, was almost tragically sick. Within the first five minutes, Britney blows her head off.

Like Mike the headless chicken, she lives to endure a much more tragic image problem. Stan and Kyle, stricken with guilt, attempt to take her to the North Pole. It doesn't work out.

Honestly, in terms of South Park episodes it' s not even the most disturbing. I mean, what can be worse that Cartmen orchestrating the murder of a Nemesis' parents and then chopping them up and putting them in a bowl of chili? Or having Cartman give Ben Affleck a hand job? But something about it just creeped me out that I didn't laugh. Once.

Until the very end. The last second. At which I laughed my ass off. I need help.

Comedy Central has made the episode available for viewing here. Check it out if you dare.

No comments:

Post a Comment